This course meets all of the State of Utah's instructional requirements for your Utah Concealed Firearm's Permit application. Our instructor is fully certified by Utah BCI. Subjects covered include: Basic firearms safety, use of force, developing a personal and home protection plan, situational awareness, physiology of fight or flight and the effects on the body, firearms suicide prevention, Utah specific laws, and gear and gadgets. This is a classroom setting and must be attended in person. There is no written test required by the state for completion of the course.
Some things to know...
- You must be at least 18 years of age and be a U.S. Citizen or have proof of legal U.S. residency.
- If you are not a resident of Utah you must all ready have a CFP from a home-state that Utah shares reciprocity with.
- You must bring legal photo ID with you to the class. These include a driver's license or state issued ID.
- Portions of the class time will be spent filling out the application, having photo taken, and being fingerprinted.
- Class time is a minimum of 4 hours. Please plan on up to 5 to 5.5 hours that day to complete all instruction and documentation requirements for this class.
- You will leave class with everything you need in hand to submit your completed application to BCI.
- The cost of this class does not include BCI's required application fee which is currently $53.25
- Payment (Venmo, cash or check in the amount of $60.00) is taken upon completion of class when application is stamped by the instructor.